Photo courtesy of Long Beach Fire Department.
Seven Long Beach Fire Department personnel were promoted Thursday to various positions within the department, officials announced.
The morning badge ceremony, which was presided over by LBFD Chief Mike DuRee, took place at the department’s headquarters and brought in family and friends and co-workers to celebrate the achievements of those being promoted.
“The Long Beach Fire Department is proud to have promoted such a strong and capable group of new leaders within our organization,” officials stated in a release. “We look forward to their continued contributions to our Department and our City.”
During the ceremony, two “unit citations” were presented to firefighters for their heroic actions over the last few months, according to officials, and a 20-year service pin was presented to Darrin Curry for his service to the department.
The following individuals were promoted:
- Christopher Rowe | Deputy Chief of Support Services
- James Rexwinkel | Assistant Chief of Operations
- Xavier Espino | Assistant Chief of Support Services
- Ray Toohey | Battalion Chief
- Robbie Grego | Battalion Chief
- Koty Knapp | Fire Captain
- Michael Harrison | Fire Captain