A Google Maps screenshot of Mi Linda Guadalajara Market in Long Beach.
A Long Beach market near Chittick Field Park was shut down Wednesday after health inspectors found dozens of live and dead roaches and flies and insects in the establishment’s kitchen area, according city health officials.
Mi Linda Guadalajara, located at 2001 Orange Avenue, was ordered closed and had its public health permit temporarily suspended for multiple violations, including:
- Vermin infestation
- Inadequate hand-washing supplies
- Insects in a rice bin
- About 20-30 live roaches and 10 dead roaches throughout the kitchen
- About 20 dead flies within the kitchen and retail section of the facility
- Not high enough hot water temperatures
- Not properly storing food to prevent contamination
- Unapproved equipment
- Accumulated dust from fan in the kitchen
Health inspectors allowed the market to re-open Friday afternoon after inspecting it Friday afternoon to make sure the violations were corrected, said the city’s Environmental Health Manager Nelson Kerr.
This story was updated Friday at 2:57PM with information on the market's reopening.