Long Beach police today were investigating a shooting that left one man dead on 10th St. in central Long Beach and are hoping someone from the public will come forward with information on the suspect.
- Long Beach Police Recover Two Guns in Attempted Armed Robbery Thursday Night; Fleeing Suspect Still At Large
- 71-Year-Old Male Dies After Head-On Vehicular Collision with Tree in North Long Beach
- Long Beach Police Recover Stolen Vehicle at 12th and Pine
- Man Left Critically Injured in Monday Night Shooting
- UPDATE: Long Beach Police Arrest Woman Linked to Armed Robbery at Drake Park on Monday
Residents reported hearing a round of shots fired at around 11:30PM in the area of E. 10th Street between Cherry Ave. and Temple Ave. According to police, officers responded to the 2500 block of E. 10th St. and discovered that 24-year-old Juan Estrada had sustained gunshot wounds to his upper torso. He was transported to a local hospital and pronounced deceased.
A motive for the shooting is unknown, though the incident is being investigated as gang-related.
This is the fourth gun-inflicted death to occur near or on 10th St. since the beginning of this year. In April, 19-year-old Alfred Enu-Kwesi was shot a few blocks from Monday's incident and died at the scene.
Anyone with information on Monday's shooting should contact LBPD's Homicide Detail at (562) 570-7244.