Four men were charged on Friday in connection to a series of gang-related shootings in Long Beach and Los Angeles, including two murders, that took place over the course of a few months last year, according to the Long Beach Police Department (LBPD).
Long Beach resident Semaj Rashaad Harris, 24, was charged with two counts of murder, six counts of attempted murder and one count of shooting into an inhabited dwelling.
22-year-old Deante McNeese of Long Beach was charged with two counts of murder, six counts of attempted murder and one count of shooting into an inhabited dwelling.
Palos Verdes man Sohntee Laray Webb, 24, was charged with one count of murder, three counts of attempted murder and one count of shooting into an inhabited dwelling.
Long Beach resident Traveon Armando Miller, 24, was charged with attempted murder.
Authorities said that on July 28, 2015 a no-hit shooting happened at about 4:30PM on the 700 block of Washington Place.
On August 25, 2015 a man sustained multiple gunshot injuries during a shooting at about 9:30PM on the 500 block of East Burnett Street. Shortly before this shooting—at about 9:25PM—officers were dispatched to the 300 block of East 16th Street regarding to pedestrians who were struck by a vehicle, officials stated.
Investigators determined the three suspects were involved in the incidents.
On September 7, 2015, at about 9:51PM, officers responded to a shooting on the 400 block of West 5th Street, during which 34-year-old Long Beach man James Ratliff died.
Police responded to the 1200 block of Chestnut Avenue at 12:49AM on September 16, 2015, which resulted in the death of Long Beach resident Rodrigo Perez Salazar, 24.
In addition, Los Angeles Police Department (LBPD) detectives contact LBPD’s gang investigation detectives during the course of their investigation regarding a gang-related no-hit shooting that possibly involved the same suspects, officials said.
The incident happened at about 1:30PM on July 1, 2015 near West Pico Boulevard and South Vermont Avenue in Los Angeles. Long Beach investigators determined Harris, McNeese and Miller were involved and issued arrest warrants for all three.
Homicide and Gang investigators with Directed Enforcement officers arrested Harris and McNeese on January 21, 2016. Webb was already in custody on unrelated charges.
LBPD detectives presented their cases to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, which resulted in the filed charges, officials said.
Harris is being held on $7.05 million bail, McNeese is being held on $4.05 million bail, Webb’s bail is set at $4.05 million. Miller was arrested on January 25, 2016 on a $1.585 million arrest warrant. All men are being held in Los Angeles County Jail and face multiple life sentences.
The investigations remain ongoing. Anyone with information regarding the two murders is urged to the Homicide Detail at 562.570.7244. Anyone with information regarding the shootings is urged to call the Gang Investigation Section at 562.570.7370. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous may call 1.800.222.TIPS (8477), or text TIPLA plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES), or visitwww.LACrimeStoppers.org.