(SPONSORED) The YMCA of Greater Long Beach thanks and acknowledges our outgoing Board Chair, Kevin Peterson, P2S Inc. President & CEO. Kevin served as Board Chair for two consecutive terms 2016-2020, leading the YMCA of Greater Long Beach to achieve multiple milestones, including…
- As part of our mission commitment to eliminate financial barriers, ensuring participation of ALL, our Association distributed over $600,000 in financial assistance to individuals and families annually.
- Prioritizing community involvement and ownership through wellness reaching 12,000 total members.
- Camp Oakes capital campaign, co-chaired by dedicated board members Jean Bixby Smith and Mike Jensen, resulted in a celebratory ribbon-cutting of Mark Bixby Village including five new cabins.
- Through governance efforts, the Board of Directors has grown to 51 Directors, substantially improving community representation.
- Partnered with LINC Housing to build a new home for the CommunityDevelopment Branch at 1900 Long Beach Blvd, opening early 2021.
- Attained program space adjacent to the Los Altos Family YMCA, paving the way for a future capital expansion.
- Increased overall impact with over 55,000 youth, teens, and adults coming through YMCA doors annually!
We sincerely thank Kevin, his wife Jennifer and the P2S company for the many ways they sprinkle their philanthropic dust throughout the Long Beach community.
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.