Downtown Long Beach will transform into a speedway once again next month as motorcycles zip down Pine Avenue performing high jumps and up-close freestyle stunts.
The 15th annual Thunder Thursday, kicking off Grand Prix weekend at Pine and Broadway on April 16, will feature stunts, a classic car show and demos.
The free event, presented by the Downtown Long Beach Associates and the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, will begin at 6:30PM with entertainment like pit stop competitions and freestyle demos. Hustler Casino will also be on-site to provide visitors with giveaways, games and the chance to win prizes.
The schedule of events includes:
- 6:30PM Event Kicks Off with Live Music, Driver Autographs, and Classic Car Show
- 6:45PM Pit Stop Competition
- 7:05PM Motocross Freestyle Demo
- 7:30PM Motorcycle Stunts
- 7:45PM Pit Stop Competition
- 8:05PM Motocross Freestyle Demo
- 8:30PM Motorcycle Stunts
- 9:00PM Miss Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Pageant Kicks Off
- 9:00PM Live Stunts & Car Show Concludes
- 10:00PM Event Concludes