It’s that time of year again, when we ponder love and the commodification of deep emotion with our friends St. Valentine, Hallmark and Big Chocolate. But this year, you can hear stories of love and letdown during the Post’s second virtual storytelling event taking place on Saturday, Feb. 20.
The theme will be love, in all its forms, as told by community storytellers and the Post.
What you need to know:
Date: Saturday, Feb. 20
Time: 6 p.m.
Register now to secure your tickets and get event links. Click here to go to our Eventbrite registration page.
- Violinist Jordan Busa who brought music to residents’ front yards amid the pandemic last year and will bring it to your home this February.
- Hi-lo arts & culture multimedia journalist Cheantay Jensen discussing the complications and nuances of reflecting the truth with complex subjects.
- Community Editorial Board member and professor Ebony Utley sharing how lovers in a strange land resist the inevitable passing of time.
- A spooky account of falling in love with ghosts by Debra Ehrhardt.
- Community activist and educator Zoot Velasco’s gripping tale of how men who have lost everything learn how to reframe their stories for the day they are given their freedom back.
The event will be co-hosted by the Post’s Community Engagement Editor Stephanie Rivera and Mariana Williams, founder of “Long Beach Searches for Greatest Storyteller,” or LB Searches for short.
This event is made possible through a partnership with Back Pocket Media, a multimedia storytelling production company which has provided training and logistical support thanks to a grant from the Brown Institute.
Tickets range from $5 to $7. General Access ticket holders will get a link to the show’s watch page and chat with other attendees in the comment section. Interactive Supporter ticket holders will get an exclusive link to Zoom where they can interact with performers and other guests.
Funding from this event will go to the performers and help sustain local journalism. Can’t pay for a ticket? We got you. Email [email protected].
Editor’s note: This list has been updated.