I Do director Glenn Gaylord (left) with producer Stephen Israel (right).
This year’s QFilms was, according Ron Sylvester of The Center, their most successful year to date and ousted last year’s attendance of over 1000 people. Having showcased some of the best in LGBTQ film, ranging from feature to documentary to short, QFilms is slowly becoming a standard art event within the Long Beach community after having been inaugurated in 1993.
Each year, the festival’s steering committee announces its winners.
I Stand Corrected director Andrea Meyerson (left) and its star, Jennifer Leitham (right).
The winners are as follows:
- Best Picture – Feature Film: I Do (click here for review)
- Best Director – Feature Film: Aurora Guerrero, Mosquita y Mari (click here for review)
- Best Screenplay – Feature Film: Terracino for Elliot Loves (click here for review)
- Best Documentary: I Stand Corrected (click here for review)
- Best Short Film: Polaroid Girl
- Best Director – Short Film (tie):
- Bob Pondillo for The Miracles on Honey Bee Hill
- James Valdez for Fallen Comrade
Submissions for the 2013 QFilm Festival will be accepted on October 15 via www.withoutabox.com.