The 2nd Cambodia Town Film Festival (CTFF) has announced its complete lineup for the two-day event, which will take place September 6 and 7 at The Art Theatre in Long Beach.
Highlighted is the first Cambodian film ever nominated for an Oscar, Rithy Panh’s already-classic The Missing Picture. Part artistic essay in stop-motion animation and part documentary, the documentary explores Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge genocide through Panh’s personal journey.
The Art Theatre hosted the film’s US premiere earlier this year before Panh headed to the Academy Awards, while CTFF co-hosted the director with the Art Theatre in a special Q&A.
Also, Matt Dillon, writer, director and star of 2002’s City of Ghosts, will be on hand to engage in a Q&A following the screening of the aforementioned film.
Saturday, September 6
- 11:00AM – The Missing Picture
- Followed by panel discussion with survivors of the Killing Fields
- 2:00PM – Gems on the Run
- Including showing of Episode 1 the Dollar Series, “Minister of Papaya” (9 min.)
- 5:00PM – City of Ghosts
- Followed with Q&A with Matt Dillon
- 8:00PM – Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- 40th Anniversary Remastered Edition
Sunday, September 7
- 11:00AM – Kraithong Kropaer Charawan (“The Crocodile Man”)
- Including showing of Episode 2 the Dollar Series, “The Bamboo Cutter” (9 min.)
- 1:30PM – International Short Film Corner
- 4:00PM – Ruin
- Including showing of Episode 3 the Dollar Series, “Lady Stone” (9 min.)
- 6:00PM – Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: Cambodia’s Lost Rock and Roll
- Followed with Q&A with director John Pirozzi and select cast members
- 8:00PM – CTFF Award Ceremony
Free news isn’t cheap.
We believe that everyone should have access to important local news, for free.
However, it costs money to keep a local news organization like this one—independently owned and operated here in Long Beach, without the backing of any national corporation—alive.
If independent local news is important to you, please consider supporting us with a monthly or one-time contribution. Read more.