Dine LBC, formerly and fondly known as Eat LBC, the city’s version of dine L.A.’s Restaurant Week, announced earlier this week that Long Beach chefs have already begun to sign up in preparation for the April 23-to-May 1 event.
The 2016 participating restaurants will include Restauration, The Federal Bar, Buono’s Authentic Pizzeria, The Sky Room, Berlin Bistro and Fuego among others.
During this locally prized fest-for-foodies, restaurants will offer value-oriented, three-course meals set at one of four price points: $20, $30, $40 or $50 per guest, in an effort to attract new customers and give those who view dining out as a rare luxury more opportunities to try out Long Beach’s best culinary experiences.
“There are numerous restaurants to choose from, including critically acclaimed Zagat and Gayot-rated establishments, as well as local Mom & Pop eateries,” event organizer Terri Henry said in a press statement. “The 2016 Dine LBC will incorporate two full weekends that will allow more opportunity for locals to visit multiple participating restaurants during the 9-day event. It also allows those in neighboring cities who find it difficult to travel to Long Beach during the week with more options.”
The event will span across 12 Long Beach neighborhoods from Belmont Shore to downtown Long Beach and from Belmont Heights to Naples Island.
During last year’s event, the second time Eat LBC was held, over 50 restaurants participated, of which more than 85 percent reported inviting new guests into their establishments. Of the guests who were surveyed, more than 50 percent dined at two or more locations during the week.
General Manager of Simmzy’s Pub Jessica Kouzoukas said the restaurant’s participation over the past two years has increased sales and the number of guests normally seen.
“Long Beach Restaurant Week has been a success for Simmzy’s and has been a great addition to the culinary community,” she said in a statement.
Nicole Lira, general manager of L’Opera, is proud to shed more light on the city’s culinary scene.
“After taking a back seat to L.A and Orange County for so many years, Long Beach finally has its own restaurant week that encourages the public to enjoy restaurants they normally wouldn’t have a chance to try, or revisit an old favorite,” she said in a statement. “All of us at L’Opera are excited to take part in the 2016 event.”
Asia Morris is a Long Beach native covering arts and culture for the Long Beach Post. You can reach her on Twitter and Instagram @theasiamorris and via email at [email protected]
Free news isn’t cheap.
We believe that everyone should have access to important local news, for free.
However, it costs money to keep a local news organization like this one—independently owned and operated here in Long Beach, without the backing of any national corporation—alive.
If independent local news is important to you, please consider supporting us with a monthly or one-time contribution. Read more.