Photo by Asia Morris of the inaugural WE Show.
With two successful community-sourced art shows under their belt, WE Labs has introduced WE Show III, the third installment of a quarterly series of exhibitions this year highlighting local Long Beach creatives in the collective’s collaborative eighth-floor-space within downtown’s historic Pacific Tower building. Artists can now submit their work for a chance to be a part of the show.
The first two exhibits displayed a diverse cross section of some of Long Beach’s most hardworking and renowned artists. WE Show II featured the work of McKenzie Stribich, Steve Stein, Lewis Francis, Iga Supernak, Eric Perez, Virginia Broersma, Jon Hodges and Ben Bambauer.
WE Show III will seek to represent a more specific array of talent, namely, three to five individual artists whose work focuses on the theme of Metamorphosis. Guest curator Aleksey Volcheck, who pioneered Art Stop Social, an online platform built to help artists sell and showcase their art, is seeking submissions from artists whose work addresses the following questions:
How have you as an artist adapted to changes in your environment, your world? How have you interpreted changes in our ever evolving city, our ever changing world? How has our greater, shared metamorphosis influenced your art and/or how does your art represent adaptive change?
Submission is open to all artists who have created a profile on the Arts Council for Long Beach’s Arts and Culture Registry and to artists who live, work, perform or exhibit in Long Beach. Work must be submitted no later than 12:00PM on Tuesday, July 21. Submission guidelines and timeline are included below:
- Artist’s information on the Arts Council for Long Beach, Arts and Cultural Registry must be current and complete.
- Artist resume or biography and exhibition record, if any.
- Artist Statement (please address metamorphosis and/or adaptive change)
- Sale price (if applicable)
- Entries Due: July 21 by 12:00PM, 2015
- Notification to artists: July 22, 2015
- Opening Reception: August 8, 2015
- Accepted Artwork: All 2D artwork must be installation-ready (wire or sawtooth hangers).
- Delivery: Artwork to be delivered to WE Labs by Monday, August 3. Artists will be notified of delivery days and times after selection process.
The opening reception for WE Show III will take place on Saturday, August 8 from 7:00PM to 10:00PM and the exhibition will be on display until October 2015.
Stay up to date with future WE Shows, receptions and tours here. WE Show, located at WE Labs, can be viewed at 235 East Broadway #800, on the 8th Floor of the Pacific Southwest building.