With Labor Day just around the corner, Long Beach city officials are reminding the public to be aware of what facilities and services will be available to them.
On Monday, September 7, trash and recycling will be collected but street sweeping will not take place until Tuesday, September 8.
With new smart parking meters displaying the days and hours of operations—as well as when they are exempt—drivers will be able to easily read large backlit screens for information.
All pay stations and parking meters will be enforced at beach parking lots on Labor Day.
The following locations will be open on Monday:
- Fire and lifeguard stations
- Main police station front desk
- Refuse and recycling collection
- El Dorado Regional Park
The following locations will be closed on Monday:
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA
- Career Transition Center
- Center for Working Families
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services (ECOC), Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Gas Services (Emergencies: 570-2140)
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Marina offices
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Park offices, swimming pools, Rancho Los Cerritos, El Dorado Nature Center, and community park facilities
- Police administration
- Street sweeping
- Water Department (Emergencies: 570-2390)
All Long Beach Public Libraries will close on Saturday, September 5, and will reopen on Tuesday, September 8. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7 at www.lbpl.org.)