UPDATE: Man Dies Three Days After Being Hit By Taxicab in Long Beach

UPDATE | A man has died from injuries sustained when a taxicab struck him in Long Beach Wednesday night, the Long Beach Police Department (LBPD) announced.

Story continued below.

Authorities said Long Beach resident Earl Wilson, 52, died on Saturday, October 24, three days after the incident.

On Wednesday, October 21, at about 11:45PM, Wilson was struck by the taxicab—driven by a 67-year-old Long Beach resident—when he was walking southbound on Orange Avenue in the west crosswalk of Pacific Coast Highway on a green light.

The motorist, driving a 2014 Toyota Prius taxicab, was attempting to make a left turn from northbound Orange Avenue to westbound Pacific Coast Highway on a green light, according to a preliminary investigation.

Paramedics responded to the scene and transported Wilson—who had major head trauma—to a local hospital where he remained in critical condition until he died, authorities said.

The driver, who remained at the scene, was interviewed and released by officers pending further investigation.

Anyone who may have information regarding this incident is asked to call Long Beach Police Collision Investigation Detail Detective Sirilo Garcia at 562.570.7355. Anonymous tips may be submitted by calling 1.800.222.TIPS (8477), texting TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or visiting www.lacrimestoppers.org.

PREVIOUSLY: Man Critically Injured After Being Struck by Taxi in Long Beach

10/22/15 at 11:50AM | A man was critically injured after being struck by a taxi in Long Beach Wednesday night, authorities said.

Officers responded to the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Orange Avenue in the city’s Poly High neighborhood at 11:45PM on Wednesday, October 21, regarding an injury traffic collision, according to the Long Beach Police Department (LBPD).

Paramedics transported the victim to a local hospital in critical condition, LBPD spokeswoman Marlene Arrona said.

The taxi driver remained at the scene.

Collision detectives responded to the scene and are investigating the incident, according to officials.

City News Service contributed to this report. 

Share this: