Photos courtesy of the DMV.
The Long Beach field office of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will reopen at 8:00AM on Monday, February 22 after a roughly four-month closure, unveiling renovations that make the facility compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and give it the appearance of a brand spankin’ new office.
Fresh paint, new flooring, modernized cubicles and furniture and redesigned restroom facilities will hopefully enhance patrons’ experiences at the DMV, regardless of long lines.
The DMV has been closed since Friday, October 30. During the interim, customers were encouraged to do as much as they could online at www.dmv.ca.gov, or visit the following field locations:
- Bellflower | 9520 East Artesia Boulevard | 6 miles away
- Compton | 2111 South Santa Fe Avenue | 11 miles away
- Westminster | 13700 Hoover Street | 11 miles away
- Torrance | 1785 West 220th Street | 15 miles away
- San Pedro | 1511 North Gaffey Street | 18 miles away
The Long Beach DMV is located at 3700 East Willow Street.