As another school year approaches and summer fades to fall, local nonprofit His Little Feet, Inc. has spearheaded its second annual Back to School Shoe Drive, aiming to provide shoes to students in need.
This year, the organization is shooting to collect more shoes than ever—1,000, to be precise. According to a release issued by the organization, the poverty rate in Long Beach is 22.8 percent, and 4,000 to 5,000 families in the city are currently homeless.
“We’re stomping out poverty in our community one pair of shoes at a time,” said His Little Feet founder Hali Wolf.
According to a release issued today, the shoe drive kicks off today at 2:30PM at The Branch Church (439 West Anaheim Street).
Shoes can be donated at the following locations:
- The Den Salon | 300 Ocean Boulevard
- Angel Connection | 4401 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 405
- The Hot Room yoga studio | 4104 Bellflower Boulevard
- KIDZ Head 2 Toe | 5467 Carson Street
- The Branch Church | 439 West Anaheim Street
- Belmont Athletic Club | 4918 East Second Street
- Parkcrest Christian Church | 3936 Woodruff Avenue
- Generations Church | 3962 West Cerritos Avenue, Los Alamitos
- South Coast Supply | 3626 West Cerritos Avenue Los Alamitos
- Sun Newspaper | 216 Main Street Seal Beach
- Knock Knock Toys and Gifts | 219 Main Street Seal Beach
- Long Beach Windsurf Center | 3850 East Ocean Boulevard
- Murphy Murphy Murphy | CPA 5665 Plaza Drive, Suite 350, Cypress
- Chick-Fil-A | 7681 Carson Boulevard
- St. Luke Christian Preschool | 5633 East Wardlow Road
Payless Shoes will also be providing coupons for $10 off of any shoes with in-store purchases of $30 or more, as an incentive for those looking to donate. Coupons can be picked up at drop-off locations, according to the release.
For more information, or if you are looking to help, visit www.hislitfeet.org.