With Labor Day on Monday, September 5, the City of Long Beach has released what facilities and services will be open and closed during the holiday.
City Hall will be closed on Monday, September 5, and will be open on Tuesday.
Trash and recycling will be collected as usual, while street sweeping and street sweeping violations will not occur on Monday, and are set to resume Tuesday.
Meters with holiday exemptions will not be enforced on Monday, September 5, while those without without holiday exemptions will be enforced. Make sure to read your smart meter’s display as it should show the days and hours of operation on an easy-to-read backlit screen.
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be closed from Saturday, September 3, through Monday, September 5, and will reopen on Tuesday.
The below locations will remain open on Monday:
- Fire stations and Lifeguard stations
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Refuse and Recycling collection
- El Dorado Regional Park
The below locations will be closed on Monday:
- Animal Care Services
- Career Transition Center
- Center for Working Families
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- El Dorado Nature Center
- Fire Headquarters
- Gas Services (Emergencies: 570.2140)
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Marina offices
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Park offices and community park facilities
- Police administration
- Street sweeping
- Swimming pools
- Water Department (Emergencies: 570-2390)