December 29 is officially your last day to park in Parking Lot A at the Long Beach Airport (LGB), for all of you set on traveling from LGB, the airport announced today.
The structure, which sits nearest to the historic terminal, will officially close on January 7 for renovations, while the last group of those permitted to park must do so by December 29.
“We’re always looking for ways to further improve the travel experience at Long Beach Airport,” said Mayor Robert Garcia, in a statement. “These improvements will enhance accessibility for both vehicles and pedestrians while also prolonging the life of the parking structure.”
According to the airport, renovations include:
- Replacing enclosed staircases with outdoor, open air stairways
- Replacing the existing elevator with two updated elevators
- Modifying vehicle entry and exit points
- Improving lighting and interior painting
- Restriping parking spaces
“We take great pride in maintaining our facilities at the highest levels for our customers,” said Airport Director Jess L. Romo, AAE in a statement. “These improvements demonstrate our commitment to excellent service and convenience at Long Beach Airport.”
Airport officials said all vehicles must exit the Lot A garage by Friday, January 6, or be towed. Renovations should be complete by fall 2017. Travelers expecting to be gone past the date of January 6 are urged to park in Lot B.
The airport also provided the following tips:
- Go green and take the bus. Long Beach Transit has a convenient stop at the airport on Barbara London Drive.
- Relax and let someone else do the driving. If you’re able, have a friend or family member drop you off right in front of the terminal.
- Treat yourself to some luxury. Valet parking is available for $24 per day just north of the terminal, and includes a free car wash.
- If you’re staying at a local hotel, see if they have a shuttle to the airport.
- If you must drive yourself, Lot B at the airport is still a convenient and affordable option at just $17 per day.
For general parking information, call ABM Parking Services at LGB at (562) 377-6116.