Image courtesy of the City of Long Beach.
With Labor Day next week, the City of Long Beach has announced which offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Monday, September 4. City Hall will reopen on Tuesday, September 5.
Closed on Monday:
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA
- Career Transition Center
- Center for Working Families
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- El Dorado Nature Center
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Gas Services (Emergencies: (562) .570.2140)
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Housing Authority
- Marina offices
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Center
- Park offices and community park facilities
- Police administration
- Street Sweeping
- Summer Food Program
- Swimming pools
- Water Department (Emergencies: (562) .570.2390)
Open on Monday:
- El Dorado Regional Park
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Marina offices
- Refuse and Recycling Collection
- Towing and Lien Sales
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be closed Saturday for the observance of the holiday. Bay Shore, Burnett, El Dorado and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Libraries will be closed on Sunday. All Libraries are closed on Mondays, per their normal schedule and will reopen on Tuesday. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases can be accessed online 24/7.)
There will be no scheduled Street Sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Monday. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule Tuesday.
Parking Meters that state “Exempt on Holidays” will not be enforced on Monday. The days and hours of enforcement are visible inside the meters.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Monday.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 East Willow Street will be open for business as usual on Monday, September 4. More information can be found here.