Long Beach police today were investigating a shooting that left one man dead on 10th St. in central Long Beach and are hoping someone from the public will come forward with information on the suspect.
- Man Found Guilty in 2015 Fatal Wrong-Way Crash on Gerald Desmond Bridge
- Man Critically Wounded During Tuesday Night Shooting
- Woman Allegedly Threatening People with Knife Fatally Shot by Long Beach Police
- Corona Man Charged in Connection with Fatal Double Shooting on Tuesday
- Man Suspected of Pointing Gun at Sister’s Boyfriend Evades Police
Residents reported hearing a round of shots fired at around 11:30PM in the area of E. 10th Street between Cherry Ave. and Temple Ave. According to police, officers responded to the 2500 block of E. 10th St. and discovered that 24-year-old Juan Estrada had sustained gunshot wounds to his upper torso. He was transported to a local hospital and pronounced deceased.
A motive for the shooting is unknown, though the incident is being investigated as gang-related.
This is the fourth gun-inflicted death to occur near or on 10th St. since the beginning of this year. In April, 19-year-old Alfred Enu-Kwesi was shot a few blocks from Monday's incident and died at the scene.
Anyone with information on Monday's shooting should contact LBPD's Homicide Detail at (562) 570-7244.