Long Beach police today were investigating a shooting that left one man dead on 10th St. in central Long Beach and are hoping someone from the public will come forward with information on the suspect.
- County Supervisors Offer $10,000 Reward in Fatal Long Beach Hit-and-Run Case
- Long Beach Man Pleads No Contest in Church Burglaries
- 28-Year-Old Man Found Guilty of Robbing Long Beach Home in 2014, Acquitted of Murder
- Long Beach Man Arrested for Attempted Kidnapping of 7-Year-Old, Police Say
- Man Injured in Monday Morning Shooting
Residents reported hearing a round of shots fired at around 11:30PM in the area of E. 10th Street between Cherry Ave. and Temple Ave. According to police, officers responded to the 2500 block of E. 10th St. and discovered that 24-year-old Juan Estrada had sustained gunshot wounds to his upper torso. He was transported to a local hospital and pronounced deceased.
A motive for the shooting is unknown, though the incident is being investigated as gang-related.
This is the fourth gun-inflicted death to occur near or on 10th St. since the beginning of this year. In April, 19-year-old Alfred Enu-Kwesi was shot a few blocks from Monday's incident and died at the scene.
Anyone with information on Monday's shooting should contact LBPD's Homicide Detail at (562) 570-7244.