UPDATE: Long Beach Police Release Surveillance Footage of Suspect in June Murder, One Day After Reward Extension

UPDATE | The Long Beach Police Department (LBPD) released a video today showing a male subject walking near the scene of a murder of a 35-year-old homeless man in June, one day after the LA County Board of Supervisors extended the $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the murder suspect.

Story continued below.
S P O N S O R

The investigation of the murder of Iran Francisco Maese, 35, led to the discovery of a surveillance video depicting a male subject walking on Frontenac Court near Seventh Street at the time the murder occurred. 

In the video, the male “subject of interest,” according to an LBPD press release, is wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt and long dark-colored shorts. Police are seeking help identifying the man. 

The motive for the crime remains unclear, according to the LBPD. Anyone with information was asked to call Long Beach homicide Detectives Mark Bigel Guarino or Sean Irving at 562.570.7244. Anonymous tips can be provided to Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS (8477) or by texting TIPLA, plus the tip, to 274637.

The video clips are shown below.

PREVIOUSLY: Board of Supervisors Extends Reward for Information Regarding June Murder of Homeless Man in Long Beach

08/19/15 at 2:22PM | The $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever shot a 35-year-old homeless man near downtown Long Beach was extended today by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.

Supervisor Don Knabe recommended the reward and said investigators hoped it would result in a witness coming forward. 

Iran Francisco Maese, 35, was discovered by Long Beach Police Department (LBPD) officers when they responded to a shooting on the 700 block of Linden Avenue at about 11:30PM, Sunday, June 28. 

Maese did not have a last known address and was listed as a possible transient, Los Angeles County Coroner Chief Ed Winter said. 

He was declared dead at the scene at 11:53PM, despite life-saving measures conducted by police and paramedics.

It was reported that Maese, one of five people murdered by gunshots in June, had family in Long Beach. No one has come forward to describe the gunman. 

Anyone with information was asked to call Long Beach homicide Detectives Mark Bigel Guarino or Sean Irving at 562.570.7244. Anonymous tips can be provided to Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS (8477) or by texting TIPLA, plus the tip, to 274637.

City News Service contributed to this report.



Share this:


NEVER MISS A STORY