Long Beach resident Alejandro Martinez, 34, is suspected of raping two women, meeting one of the victims through the dating website Match.com, according to San Bernardino County Sheriff’s authorities.
A press release issued last week states that Martinez was invited to the house of one of the victims, Victim 2, through the dating site by Victim 1 on January 12. He arrived at the house of Victim 2 on January 13 around 1:20AM.
Victims 1 and 2 said that between 1:20AM and 5:30AM, they became incapacitated and do not remember what happened. Victim 2 said that at 5:30AM, she awoke to Martinez sexually assaulting her. She did not consent to the act, and Martinez quickly left.
According to the release, victims 1 and 2 contacted the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department, where the investigator, Deputy Payne, confirmed both victims had been sexually assaulted by Martinez, who he identified with assistance from Victim 1.
Payne worked with Victim 1, who convinced Martinez to return to Rancho Cucamonga later on January 13. After locating Martinez in the parking lot of a restaurant, Payne arrested Martinez without incident. Martinez was subsequently booked at the West Valley Detention for two counts of Rape, with bail set at $250,000.
Anyone with additional information regarding this investigation, or anyone who may have been victimized by Martinez, is urged to contact the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department at 909.477.2800. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may contact the We-Tip Hotline at 1.800.78CRIME (27463), or you may leave information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com.