One person was arrested Saturday night for allegedly driving under the influence, according to the Long Beach Police Department (LBPD).
The arrest was made by LBPD’s Traffic Section during a DUI/Driver’s License checkpoint that was set up at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Daisy Avenue between 7:00PM and 3:00AM.
The checkpoint netted the following:
- 1,225 vehicles through checkpoint
- 461 vehicles screened
- 1 DUI-alcohol suspect arrested
- 3 drivers cited for operating a vehicle while license suspended/revoked
- 22 drivers cited for operating a vehicle while unlicensed
- 9 citations issued for unsafe driving
Awareness of High Visibility Enforcements, including DUI/Driver’s License checkpoints have been shown to lower DUI deaths and injuries, according to the LBPD.