Rain, cold temperatures expected this week

A cooling trend will develop beginning today, with rain and cold temperatures expected Monday and Tuesday in the Long Beach and Southern California region, according to the National Weather Service.

“Periods of rain, mountain snow, and gusty winds with mostly cloudy skies will prevail through midweek,” the NWS said in a statement.

In Long Beach, there is a 30% chance of rain Sunday evening, a 70% chance Monday and a 90% chance on Tuesday, which is when voters head to the polls on Election Day.

Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-60s, with lows around 52 degrees.

A winter weather advisory is in effect for the mountains Monday through Wednesday morning, with total accumulation of up 20 inches possible, the NWS said. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

“Travel could be very difficult,” the NWS said, with a chance of light snow accumulation on Interstate 5 through the Grapevine.

Support our journalism.

Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

More