Image courtesy of Long Beach Transit.
Long Beach Transit (LBT) will host a series of community meetings this month starting Wednesday, October 4, to address possible changes to its transit service, as well as the public’s concerns and suggestions.
The possible changes are the result of a comprehensive analysis known as the the Systemwide Transit Analysis and Reassessment (STAR) Initiative launched by LBT last November to enhance transit operations, such as on-time performance, ridership, route efficiency, staffing, facilities and service amenities.
The meetings will go over modifications to bus stops, routes, recommendations for capital needs and more. LBT will use the results to better improve their service for the next five to 10 years.
“The most crucial aspect to this process is public input,” said LBT Deputy CEO Debra Johnson in a statement. “We hope people will join LBT at the community meetings so we can hear what is important to them.”
Information from five public meetings hosted by LBT earlier this year will be presented at the upcoming events. The public is invited to attend on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, October 4, from 6:30PM to 8:30PM at the El Dorado Senior Center, 2800 Studebaker Road
- Thursday, October 5, from noon to 2:00PM at the Downtown Long Beach Main Library, 101 Pacific Avenue
- Thursday, October 5, from 6:30PM to 8:30PM at the Signal Hill Youth Center, 1780 East Hill Street
- Saturday, October 14, from 10:00AM to noon at the Silverado Park Community Center, 1545 West 31st Street
- Saturday, October 21, from 10:00AM to noon at the Houghton Park Community Center, 6301 Myrtle Ave
Support our journalism.
It’s been one year since the Long Beach Post began asking you, our readers, to contribute to keeping local journalism alive in the city.
Thousands have contributed over the past year giving an average contribution of $12.39 a month.
Please consider what the news and information you get every day from the Post means to you, and start a recurring monthly contribution now. READ MORE.