Metro Blue Line riders will have to make do without stops at the Washington, San Pedro and Grand Stations over the next three weekends as part of continuing Blue Line station improvements, Metro officials announced Thursday.
Starting Friday, May 29, at 9:00PM and continuing through Monday, June 1, at 5:00AM, work will be done at the three stations, all at the same time.
During the closures, a free bus shuttle will be available between the Vernon Blue Line Station and the LATTC/Ortho Institute Expo Station.
The shuttle will make stops at Washington, San Pedro and Grand Stations to pick up and drop off riders.
Riders who wish to continue to Downtown Los Angeles will need to exit the shuttle at the LATTC/Ortho Institute Expo Station and take the Expo Line to Pico Station or 7th/Metro.
Riders traveling from Downtown Los Angeles to Long Beach will need to take the Expo Line to LATTC/Ortho Institute Station and take the shuttle to Vernon.
- On Saturday and Sunday, riders can use the following services:
- Line 55 boarding at Compton/Vernon Avenue, and arriving at Grand/Washington
- Line 102 boarding at Florence Blue Line Station and arriving Jefferson Expo Rail Line Station
- Silver Line – boarding at Expo 23 rd/LATTC Station and arriving 7th/Figueroa
- Line 760 Express—Sunday only —boarding at Vernon and Santa Fe Ave, and arriving
Closure times will remain the same for Friday, June 5 through Monday, June 8; and Friday, June 12 through Monday, June 15.