What looked like a piece of unidentifiable debris turned out to be, on closer inspection, a dead parrot. We later found out that the poor bird had bitten through the insulation covering a wire and died of electrocution.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach. Read more »