Moonlight Movies on the Beach is returning to Long Beach in late June with a slate of 10 free movie screenings at the beach or at the two Long Beach City College campuses.
The free movie screenings, the majority of which will be shown at Granda Beach, begin June 20 when the 1980s classic “The Goonies” will be shown at Granada Beach. The summer season of free movies will end with an Aug. 24 showing of “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” at LBCC’s Pacific Coast Campus.
LBCC’s Liberal Arts Campus in East Long Beach will also hold a screening, showing “Grease” July 13. The screenings are being presented by Long Beach Local.
All movies are expected to start between 8 and 8:30 p.m. with free parking being provided at all three locations after 6 p.m., according to the event’s website.
Local food truck vendors and kettle corn booths will be onsite at the screenings, according to the site. While attendees are allowed to bring their own food to the screenings, alcohol is prohibited.
Here’s a full list of movies and locations:
- June 20 “The Goonies” at Granada Beach
- June 27 “Stand By Me” at Granada Beach
- June 29 “The Princess and the Frog” at LBCC Liberal Arts Campus
- July 11 “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” at Granada Beach
- July 13 “Grease” at LBCC Liberal Arts Campus
- July 25 “Lilo & Stitch” at Granada Beach
- August 1 “Top Gun: Maverick” at Granada Beach
- August 8 “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” at Granada Beach
- August 15 “Back to the Future” at Granada Beach
- August 24 “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” at LBCC Pacific Coast Campus
Granda Beach is located at 5102 E. Ocean Blvd. LBCC’s PCC location is at 1305 E. Pacific Coast Highway and the LAC location is at 4901 E. Carson St. For parking instructions visit the Moonlight Movies on the Beach website here.