Authorities identify woman who died after being struck by Metro train Downtown

A woman who died in an apparent suicide last month after being struck by a Metro train in Downtown Long Beach has been identified, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office said.

Officers discovered the body of 63-year-old Carol Seguine trapped underneath the Metro A Line Train in the 100 block of First Street at around 4:02 p.m. on June 29. When Long Beach Fire personnel responded, they declared Seguine dead as a result of multiple traumatic injuries, authorities said.

No further details about the collision were available, making it unclear what exactly happened in the moments leading up to Seguine’s death. On the day of the collision, some witnesses said Seguine had accidentally fallen forward onto the track while others said the 63-year-old intentionally jumped.

“Through witness statements and video evidence, the determination was made that this incident was a suicide,” Long Beach Police Department spokesperson Richard Mejia said.

Person dies after being struck by Metro train Downtown, police say

Support our journalism.

Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.

Fernando Haro is the Long Beach Post's breaking news and public safety reporter.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

More