City of Long Beach offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Monday, September 1, 2014, for the Labor Day Holiday. City Hall re-opens on Tuesday, September 2.
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA
- Career Transition Center
- Center for Working Families
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services (ECOC), Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Gas Services (Emergencies: 570-2140)
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Marina offices
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Park offices, swimming pools, El Dorado Nature Center, & community park facilities
- Police administration
- Street sweeping
- Water Department (Emergencies: 570-2390)
- Fire stations and Lifeguard stations
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Refuse and recycling collection
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be closed on Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014 for the observance of Labor Day. All libraries will reopen onTuesday, Sept. 2. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7 at www.lbpl.org.)
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Monday, September 1.
There will be no scheduled Street Sweeping on Monday, September 1. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
Parking meters that state “Except on Holidays” will not be enforced on Monday, September 1. The days and hours of enforcement are posted inside the meters.
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.