The mayor, five councilmembers and three citywide officeholders were sworn into new terms on Tuesday evening after winning reelection.
The inauguration was held at the Terrace Theater Plaza following the regular City Council meeting, held an hour earlier than usual to accommodate the ceremony.
Those sworn into office included:
- Mayor Robert Garcia, who defeated his sole opponent in April, securing his second term.
- District 1 Councilwoman Lena Gonzalez, who did not have a challenger and was appointed to a second term in January.
- District 3 Councilwoman Suzie Price, who defeated two challengers in April, securing her second term.
- District 5 Councilwoman Stacy Mungo, who defeated her challenger in a runoff race in June, securing her second term.
- District 7 Councilman Roberto Uranga, who defeated his challenger in a runoff race in June, securing his second term.
- District 9 Councilman Rex Richardson, who defeated his sole challenger in April, securing his second term.
- City Prosecutor Doug Haubert, City Attorney Charles Parkin and City Auditor Laura Doud did not have challengers. They were appointed to new terms in January.
Free news isn’t cheap.
We believe that everyone should have access to important local news, for free.
However, it costs money to keep a local news organization like this one—independently owned and operated here in Long Beach, without the backing of any national corporation—alive.
If independent local news is important to you, please consider supporting us with a monthly or one-time contribution. Read more.