The mayor, five councilmembers and three citywide officeholders were sworn into new terms on Tuesday evening after winning reelection.
The inauguration was held at the Terrace Theater Plaza following the regular City Council meeting, held an hour earlier than usual to accommodate the ceremony.
Those sworn into office included:
- Mayor Robert Garcia, who defeated his sole opponent in April, securing his second term.
- District 1 Councilwoman Lena Gonzalez, who did not have a challenger and was appointed to a second term in January.
- District 3 Councilwoman Suzie Price, who defeated two challengers in April, securing her second term.
- District 5 Councilwoman Stacy Mungo, who defeated her challenger in a runoff race in June, securing her second term.
- District 7 Councilman Roberto Uranga, who defeated his challenger in a runoff race in June, securing his second term.
- District 9 Councilman Rex Richardson, who defeated his sole challenger in April, securing his second term.
- City Prosecutor Doug Haubert, City Attorney Charles Parkin and City Auditor Laura Doud did not have challengers. They were appointed to new terms in January.
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.