Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles will be holding a series of information sessions starting this Saturday for first-time homebuyers interested in one of 10 homes scheduled to be built in the city’s Washington neighborhood.
It’s one of Habitat’s latest housing projects in the city meant to connect low-income families to affordable, to-own units in Central Long Beach.
The information sessions will take place in April and May in English and Spanish (with additional languages fulfilled upon request) and will allow individuals, including veterans, to learn about the application process and program requirements. Reservations are required before attending.
The sessions are scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturdays, April 6 and 27 at Washington Middle School, 1450 Cedar Ave., Long Beach
- 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Tuesdays, April 9 and 30 at Habitat LA Headquarters, 8739 Artesia Blvd., Bellflower
- 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Thursdays, April 18 and 25 at Habitat LA Headquarters, 8739 Artesia Blvd., Bellflower
- 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturdays, May 11 and 18 at Washington Middle School, 1450 Cedar Ave., Long Beach
- 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday May 6 at Habitat LA Headquarters, 8739 Artesia Blvd., Bellflower
- 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 15 at Habitat LA Headquarters, 8739 Artesia Blvd., Bellflower
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with reservation links and additional times and locations for information sessions.
Stephanie Rivera covers immigration and the north, west and central parts of Long Beach. Reach her at [email protected] or on Twitter at @StephRivera88.
Free news isn’t cheap.
We believe that everyone should have access to important local news, for free.
However, it costs money to keep a local news organization like this one—independently owned and operated here in Long Beach, without the backing of any national corporation—alive.
If independent local news is important to you, please consider supporting us with a monthly or one-time contribution. Read more.