Brian Addison and Sarah Bennett sit down with two-thirds of the trio behind Long Beach’s massively popular pizzeria, The 4th Horseman. Ryan Hughes and Martin Svab, along with Chef Adam Schmalz, have carved out a space that, even though it hasn’t been open a year, feels like it has been a part of the community forever. Add to the fact that they became the unofficial hub for the CA Craft Beer Summit, and you’ll begin to see how The 4th is quickly becoming its own drunk pizza institution.
Context for this podcast:
- Long Beach’s newest beer bar is a pizza heaven dedicated to the dark side
- This one goes to 11: The best new restaurants in Long Beach
- California Craft Beer Summit is coming to Long Beach (and bringing the West Coast’s largest beer festival with it)
- IN PICTURES: A practically spiritual experience at the California Craft Beer Summit
Some previous episodes:
- PODCAST: Get to know your local beer scene with Dennis Trilles of Craft Beer Long Beach
- PODCAST: Chef Philip Pretty is reinventing Restauration (and our connection to farmers markets)
- PODCAST: Mexican cuisine’s complexity—and what it means for the food we experience in Long Beach
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.