So a few things…
- Longbeachize just received the largest donation its ever been given by way of Michelle Molina’s Millworks. Not only will the donation provide much-needed funds to continue doing what we do, it also brings back award-winning writer and photographer Brian Addison as its editor while giving us a new office space…
- …which will be at the MADE by Millworks space on Pine Avenue in DTLB. Yup, we’ll be sitting near the window, encouraging passersby to drop tips or ask questions…
- And that includes local writers. Addison insists that his writing space be the space of all Long Beach writers. That’s right: if you’re a local writer in need of a different working environment, you are invited to sit inside MADE and work away. Insisting you need caffeination? Black Ring Coffee is a mainstay within MADE and their bottled cold brew is pretty much spectacular. (And every Friday? Art du Vin will host a popup wine’n’beer bar at your new office to bring down all that cold brew.)
- Interested in joining Addison? He’ll be on hand to meet you, greet you, and talk everything Long Beach come November 2, when MADE will host a special Dia de los Muertos party. Even if you’re not interested in Addison—you are not alone—at least you can stop by and experience beer, vino, and live music thanks to Avi Buffalo.
- Let’s do this, Long Beach.
Free news isn’t cheap.
We believe that everyone should have access to important local news, for free.
However, it costs money to keep a local news organization like this one—independently owned and operated here in Long Beach, without the backing of any national corporation—alive.
If independent local news is important to you, please consider supporting us with a monthly or one-time contribution. Read more.