Before you go off to enjoy a three-day weekend for Memorial Day, you should know what city services are going to be affected for the holiday.
Street sweeping violations will not be enforced on Memorial Day, but parking meters will be, unless the sign says “Exempt on Holidays.”
Trash and recycling will still be collected Monday.
If your car has been towed by the city and you need to get it, you either have to wait until Tuesday or pay an extra fee to get it.
Long Beach public libraries are normally closed on Mondays, so they will all be closed on Saturday to observe Memorial Day, but Bay Shore, Burnett, El Dorado and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Libraries will be open on Sunday.
All post offices are also closed for the holiday.
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA
- Career Transition Center
- Center for Working Families
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- El Dorado Nature Center
- Fire Headquarters, support services, fire prevention and operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and health facilities
- Housing Authority
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Center
- Park offices and community park facilities
- Police administration
- Street Sweeping
- Swimming pools
- Towing and lien sales
- Water Department (for water or sewer emergencies, call 562-570-2390)
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- El Dorado Regional Park
- Main police station front desk
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina)
- Refuse and Recycling Collection (offices will be closed but trash will be collected as usual)
- Gas services dispatch is open 24/7. For emergencies call 562-570-2140
Support our journalism.
It’s been one year since the Long Beach Post began asking you, our readers, to contribute to keeping local journalism alive in the city.
Thousands have contributed over the past year giving an average contribution of $12.39 a month.
Please consider what the news and information you get every day from the Post means to you, and start a recurring monthly contribution now. READ MORE.