Crews douse blaze after equipment catches fire at West Long Beach warehouse

Firefighters doused a small blaze after a piece of equipment at a West Long Beach warehouse caught fire Thursday morning, according to a fire official.

The flames sparked around 11:35 a.m. at the building on Cowles Street near Judson Avenue when a dust collector caught fire, Long Beach Fire Department spokesman Jake Heflin said.

More than half a dozen fire units responded and had the flames knocked down within just a couple of minutes, Heflin said.

They were able to put the flames out without them spreading to the structure, he said. Nobody was hurt.

Support our journalism.

Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.

Jeremiah Dobruck is the breaking news editor for the Long Beach Post. He began his journalism career in 2007 as an intern at Palos Verdes Peninsula News and has worked for The Forum Newsgroup in New York City, the Daily Pilot and the Press-Telegram. He lives in Torrance with his wife, Lindsey, and their two young children.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

More