Los Angeles County firefighters quickly extinguished a garage fire caused by a natural gas explosion in Signal Hill on Thursday evening.
The fire department arrived to the 2100 block of North Ohio Avenue at about 4:30 p.m. to find a two story home with all the windows and door broken out and a fire in its garage, spokeswoman Leslie Lua said. The explosion appeared to blow out all the windows of the house and glass flew all the way across the street.
All the occupants of the home were already outside and firefighters declared knockdown of the fire at 4:36 p.m.
Paramedics transported two patients with minor injuries to a local hospital, according to spokesman Sean Ferguson. It’s unclear if they were in the house or outside when they were injured, he said.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated with new information that two people were injured.
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.