Long Beach police are seeking additional victims, and a possible suspect, in a series of sexual battery incidents.
There were at least eight incidents since May 30, according to police. The most recent incident occurred on Sept. 24. All but one of the incidents took place between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., according to the LBPD.
“Generally, the incidents involved female adult victims and occurred while the victims were walking alone,” stated a LBPD news release. “The location of the incidents has been between Alamitos Avenue east to Redondo Avenue and Ocean Boulevard north to Anaheim Street.”
During a few of the incidents, victims reported that the suspect seemed to be jogging up to the victim before allegedly committing sexual battery and then fleeing on foot, according to the news release. In at least one incident, the suspect was riding an electric scooter.
The suspect is described as a Black male with light complexion, aged 30-40, 5-foot-10 to 6-foot in height with a thin/athletic build, according to the LBPD. The suspect also has a neck tattoo of a pinkish/red lip, and was seen wearing a black face covering, a black or a dark colored adjustable hat, a long sleeve shirt of various colors, jogging pants (black or gray, usually) and black running shoes. It’s possible the suspect was driving a silver-colored sedan, which police say was parked near where the incidents occurred.
According to the LBPD, here’s a list of the sexual battery incidents and their locations:
- May 30, 2021, at approximately 5:38 p.m. near the area of Redondo Avenue and Anaheim Street.
- June 29, 2021, at approximately 9:52 a.m., near the area of 3rd street and Cherry Avenue.
- Aug. 16, 2021 at approximately 3:58 p.m., near the area of Orizaba Avenue and 4th Street.
- Aug. 16, 2021, at approximately 10:27 p.m., near the area of Temple Avenue and 4th Street.
- Aug. 30, 2021, at approximately 9:26 a.m., near the area of Alamitos Avenue and E. Broadway.
- Sept. 3, 2021, at approximately 10:27 a.m., near the area of Alamitos Avenue and 3rd Street.
- Sept. 12, 2021, at approximately 2:03 p.m., near the area of Alamitos Avenue and 2nd Street.
- Sept. 24, 2021, at approximately 2:03 p.m., near the area of Redondo Avenue and 4th Street.
The LBPD encourages anyone who may have also been a victim and has not reported the incident to do so immediately by calling Police Dispatch at 562-435-6711.
Anyone with information regarding the suspect should contact the Sex Crimes Detective Detail at 562-570-7368. Anonymous tips may be submitted through “LA Crime Stoppers” by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), downloading the “P3 Tips” app to a smartphone or visiting www.lacrimestoppers.org.
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.