Four local media publications will jointly host a series of debates ahead of the Nov. 3 election, including candidates for three City Council districts, a seat on the Long Beach Unified Board of Education and a seat on the Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees.
The Long Beach Post, the Press-Telegram, Grunion Gazette and Long Beach Business Journal have partnered to host the live-streamed events, which will all take place at 6 p.m.:
- Monday, Oct. 5, City Council District 2 candidates Robert Fox and Cindy Allen
- Wednesday, Oct. 7, City Council District 6 candidates Dee Andrews and Suely Saro
- Thursday, Oct. 8, City Council District 8 candidates Al Austin and Tunua Thrash-Ntuk
- Monday, Oct. 12, LBUSD Board of Education District 2 candidates Tonia Reyes Uranga and Erik Miller
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, Long Beach City College District Area 4 trustee candidates Lee Loveridge, Herlinda Chico and Dick Gaylord
Each of the roughly hour-long debates will be livestreamed on the publications’ social media channels, as well as broadcast live on the Long Beach Post homepage.
All of the candidates for each race have confirmed their attendance.
Each of the debates will be moderated by two reporters from the publications. The events will include a combination of pre-planned questions, as well as debate-style interaction among the candidates.
The publications will also be soliciting questions from the public ahead of the debates. To submit a question, please email Managing Editor Melissa Evans at [email protected]
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.