Our Grounding Principles
- A strong press is crucial to an informed community and healthy democracy.
- Accuracy, transparency and accountability are essential to telling the story.
- News should be free and accessible to all.
- Journalism must be sustained by the community it serves.
The Long Beach Post aims to create an informed and engaged community by providing a platform for our city’s diverse voices, holding those with power and influence to account and by reporting the truth with authority, integrity and heart.
Our coverage should always inspire the public to think, feel, question and act.
We continue to ask, “What’s next?”
Our Values in Practice
- Community – We are a part of Long Beach.
- Empathy – We humanize the hard facts.
- Accuracy – We provide truth and answers to our readers to the best of our ability.
- Fair and open-minded – We actively seek out all sides.
- Integrity – We tell the truth even when it’s hard. We seek to inform even when it affects our bottom line.
- Accountable – We hold ourselves and others to account. We own up to our mistakes.