Brian Addison and Sarah Bennett sit down with Wade Windsor, founder and roaster for Lord Windsor Coffee, Long Beach’s first third-wave coffeeshop and roaster. Wade talks about the learning curve with specialty coffee, keeping up with the times, and when Costco called because they wanted his canned cold brew on their shelves.
Context for this podcast:
- Lord Windsor began canning their cold brew—and then Costco called
- Locally roasted: Long Beach is becoming SoCal’s premiere haven of caffeination
Some previous episodes:
- PODCAST: How The 4th Horseman carved its own drunk-pizza-shaped niche in Long Beach
- PODCAST: Chef Philip Pretty is reinventing Restauration (and our connection to farmers markets)
- PODCAST: Mexican cuisine’s complexity—and what it means for the food we experience in Long Beach
Support our journalism.
Hyperlocal news is an essential force in our democracy, but it costs money to keep an organization like this one alive, and we can’t rely on advertiser support alone. That’s why we’re asking readers like you to support our independent, fact-based journalism. We know you like it—that’s why you’re here. Help us keep hyperlocal news alive in Long Beach.