People who walk up to or make an appointment at the COVID-19 vaccination pop-up clinic outside the Aquarium of the Pacific on Thursday will receive free admission to the aquarium for one person and a guest.
The clinic will give the first shots of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines as well as the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The “Shots for Sharks” vaccine partnership between Long Beach and the aquarium is to encourage more people to get inoculated against COVID-19, according to a city press release.
Here are other vaccination cites in Long Beach:
- Long Beach Convention Center Tuesdays and Wednesdays from noon to 5 p.m.; Thursdays from noon to 6 p.m.; Fridays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mobile clinics at Admiral Kidd, MacArthur and Houghton Parks
- Mobile vaccination vehicles for homebound individuals and people in hard-hit neighborhoods
- Mobile vaccination at local schools, including Cabrillo High School on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Grant Elementary on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; and Washington Middle School on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Long Beach City College Pacific Coast Campus Monday through Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Every Wednesday throughout the month of June, The Habit Burger restaurant will be onsite, providing complimentary meals to everyone receiving the vaccine. Meals will also be provided to children under 12 when accompanying a vaccinated individual.
As of Tuesday, the city has reported that more than 250,000 residents have been vaccinated against COVID-19.