The Long Beach Community Foundation, a local nonprofit and public organization, is opening multiple scholarship and grant opportunities for this year, with deadlines for applications approaching soon, the foundation announced in a statement.
The deadline to apply for the following scholarships is March 31, 2022, and applications can be submitted here.
- Early Childhood Educator Scholarship: for current employees of Child Lane, Long Beach Day Nursery, Un Mundo de Amigos, and the Long Beach YMCA.
- Don Knabe Safe Surrender Scholarship: for college-bound students who were safely surrendered at birth.
- Larry Acterman Public Education Award: for high school seniors pursuing a career in public education.
- Ensemble Scholarship Fund: created to support the academic goals and career dreams of Ensemble employees. Current eligible employees and children and grandchildren of current eligible employees of the Ensemble Real Estate Group are encouraged to apply.
- Patricia K. Buck Scholarship Fund: for graduating seniors of Wilson High School in Long Beach. Students should contact a Wilson High School counselor to apply for this scholarship.
The following grants are currently open for qualified nonprofit organizations, with more details on how to apply here.
- Fennie Community Fund Grants: for broad and general charitable purposes with a preference for children’s organizations in the communities of Avalon and Long Beach. Deadline is June 9, 2022.
- National Philanthropy Day Grant: will be made to a nonprofit that can complete a publicly visible beautification to an establishment during a one-day volunteer-supported event. This event should happen on or near Nov. 15, 2022. Deadline is June 9, 2022.
- LBCF Community Impact Grant: will be awarded to support programs that best address the post-pandemic educational, emotional and health needs of at-risk youth, including those experiencing homelessness in Long Beach. Deadline is July 29, 2022.
- Airport Noise Ordinance Neighborhood Impact Fund: can be used to fund projects that improve or benefit the lives of residents most impacted by the Long Beach Airport flight paths. Deadline is Aug. 4, 2022.
- Katy Stone Memorial Fund: for nonprofit organizations with programs that nurture the body, mind and spirit of goal-oriented people of any age, but especially youth, in Long Beach. These programs will promote individuals’ education and develop their physical, mental and spiritual talents. Deadline is Oct. 27, 2022.
- Knight Foundation Fund: annually awards nonprofits that accelerate civic engagement, attract and retain talent, and expand opportunity in Long Beach. Application is by invitation only; however, project ideas can be emailed to [email protected].
- Long Beach Navy Memorial Heritage: for qualified historic preservation projects in Long Beach. The deadline will be in September 2022.