A Long Beach murder suspect mistakenly released from jail earlier this month was arrested today in Orange County, according to reports.
Police said they learned of the killings when a man called and said he’d shot at half a dozen people who’d forced their way into his home.
Homicide detectives were combing through the scene on Esther Street where a neighbor said one victim was left dead on a lawn.
Detectives believe the victim was standing near his parked vehicle when he was shot, according to police.
Police say they’ve arrested a suspect who’s been on the run for more than five years after a deadly shooting in North Long Beach.
A Long Beach murder suspect who was mistakenly released from custody remained at large Wednesday as prosecutors and two law enforcement agencies tried to deflect blame for the error.
He was released because of a “data entry” error, which led to the search near Downtown Los Angeles, NBC LA reported.
Cleveland Monte Rogers, 48, beat 67-year-old Lewis Haller Jr. when he confronted the defendant about trespassing on his property the night of Feb. 5, 2019.
Homicide detectives believe the suspect was engaged in an intimate relationship with the victim when he violently assaulted her, resulting in her death.
He was found with a revolver inside his distinctive black work van in the parking lot of a Del Taco restaurant in Long Beach and has remained behind bars since then without bail.