The flames burned through the roof of the building, and firefighters went into a defensive mode, working to prevent the fire from spreading to other structures, a fire official said.
Two compressed-gas cylinders inside the structure exploded during the fire.
The building at 411 E. 10th St., near Elm Avenue, was vacant in its commercial operations during the fire, which was extinguished in about 15 minutes at 11:18 a.m., a fire official said.
A fire inside a maintenance building today at Seal Beach’s Old Ranch Country Club heavily damaged the structure and destroyed several golf carts.
The family-run Eye of the Cat has specialized in Wiccan and witchcraft-related items like spell kits, incense, herbs and magical oils since 1974.
Air quality in the area was considered safe, but the department recommended, as a precaution, that residents in the area stay indoors.
The blaze was ruled an accidental grease fire, according to the LBFD, which doused the flames at Hof’s Hut overnight.
A large plume of black smoke billowed from the roof of the 50-by-100-foot building.
Firefighters will have to open up the roof to try to find the smoldering fire and pour it out, the department said.
About half a dozen engines headed to the commercial building after a dust collector started burning, according to the LBFD.